Mel Gebroe & Morris Hammer
The strongly held personal principles of life and business – integrity, work ethic, expertise – inspired the late Mel Gebroe and Morris Hammer to establish a unique commercial real estate investment brokerage firm in the mid-1970s. Today, these same tenets are being safeguarded and put into modern-day practice by a second, third and fourth generation of Gebroe-Hammer Associates professionals who continue to set new firm and industry benchmarks for sales volume, dollars and number of units sold.
- Achievements include a record-topping $1.1 Billion / 8,200 Units sold and being named the Northeast’s only “Top Multi-Family Influencer in the Nation” by Real Estate Forum Magazine. These milestones follow booming years in 2015 and 2016 as well as 2017, when the firm recorded four separate sales of $100+M each and included one of the nation’s Top-20 Single-Asset Multi-Family Deals of the Year.
- Despite the “Great Recession,” the firm gains a stronger foothold as multi-family investments drive the commercial real estate recovery with a mix of traditionally structured deals and distressed debt, foreclosure and/or bankruptcy situations
- With a fortified presence throughout New Jersey and New York State, Gebroe-Hammer builds exponentially upon its entry into the Philadelphia MSA during the late 1990s and emerges as “the firm of choice” in this thriving submarket
- Gebroe-Hammer emerges as the dominant multi-family-investment brokerage firm specializing in suburban and urban high-rise, mid-rise and garden-apartment properties – its “bread and butter” – while also marketing mixed-use and free-standing office and retail properties
- Two young brokers – Ken Uranowitz, the current President, and the late Robert Ploshnick – who joined the firm at its inception are groomed as the next generation of management, eventually becoming Managing Directors
- The firm is founded by late industry icons Mel Gebroe and Morris Hammer with a specialized focus on New Jersey apartment building sales