Commercial Real Estate Broker – Multifamily Focused Investment Sales
Ideally suited for CRE brokers with 1 – 2+ years’ experience who are seeking greater autonomy and a desire to spearhead deals from day one, the Commercial Real Estate Broker is responsible for developing relationships with multifamily property owners and investors in one or more designated markets throughout the firm’s sales region.
In this role, you will be actively contacting owners of multifamily properties after researching detailed ownership records; keeping pace with market data and industry trends; prospecting new client relationships; competing for exclusive listings and spearheading property-level marketing initiatives targeting qualified buyers; negotiating and presenting ownership with offers; and streamlining the contract-to-closing timeline.
Additionally, candidates must have a New Jersey real estate license. This position is ideally suited for entrepreneurial go-getters with a track record for achievement who are seeking to learn the multifamily investment brokerage business from the ground up and achieve limitless personal-income earnings. In an industry where patience is a virtue and turning the “can’t” into a “can” is a learned art, tremendous hard work and acceptance of frequent rejection breeds great success over time.
In addition, the Commercial Real Estate Broker will be closely mentored by a member of the Executive Management team and may be part of an in-house team supporting a specific property or properties. They should possess excellent analytical and customer service skills and foundational marketing skills.
This is a 100% commission-based compensation position. As such, the candidate will be responsible for their own expenses and health benefits.
Essential Job Functions:
- Must excel in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced competitive industry
- Outgoing personality with an extremely strong work ethic
- Willingness to put in the time BEYOND 9 am – 5 pm, M-F
- Inquisitive/asks a lot of questions of superiors in an effort to learn the business
- Start-up thinker with demonstrated initiative & follow up
- Strong phone & interpersonal skills
- Eager to learn, resilient & resourceful
- Professional & punctual
- Immediate response to phone calls, emails & outreach in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree or related equivalent work experience required
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel & Microsoft Office Suite
- Foundational marketing knowledge
- Desire to work in a dynamic organization offering direct “open-door” access to upper-level management & in-house analyst/graphic design/communications teams
Compensation & Professional Development:
- 100% commission-based, 1099 classification position
- Favorable splits for Commercial Real Estate Sales Representatives
- Industry-unique Training Program offering day-to-day, 1:1 mentorship/hands-on training with a member of the Executive Management team
- Access to various real estate databases and portals for prospecting/research (CoStar, Reis, etc.)
- In-house analytics, administrative & marketing/public relations support
- Own your own post-training schedule with limitless income potential
- Company performance-based recognition & publicity/industry awards opportunities
- Company long-term employee base where the current average employee tenure is 20+ years
- Mid-Atlantic Real Estate Journal “Best Place to Work” company (2021 & multiple years)
Specific Skills Required:
- Entrepreneurial Mindset – Self-starter comfortable with cold calling & asking questions of senior team members
- Problem Solving – Identifies solutions & resolves issues in a timely manner
- Pursues Training and Development Opportunities – Strives to continuously build knowledge & skills derived from internal/external business relationships, market research & on-the-ground territory presence
- “Immediate” Customer Service – Responds promptly to client needs & assumes “ownership” of issues until final resolution; responds to phone calls, emails, outreach from internal & external contacts as soon as possible
- Quality Management - Looks for ways to improve & promote quality
- Ethics - Works with integrity & ethics; upholds company’s deeply rooted organizational values
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; effectively manages competing demands
- Works Well Independently & As a Team Member – Self-disciplined to work independently & as a productive member of multiple transaction teams simultaneously
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction & is receptive to constructive feedback; professional & punctual
- Sound Judgement - Exhibits sound & accurate judgment and recognizes appropriateness of tapping into in-house resources
- Effective & Efficient Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes & effectively & efficiently plans work activities; organized time management skills
- Global Mindset – Ability to evaluate properties/situations beyond the obvious
- 1 or more years’ relevant work experience and/or bachelor's degree (Business, Finance, Real Estate, Marketing, Communications or other relevant fields)
- Must have current NJ Real Estate License
- Past work experience with a track record for success (previous sales experience a plus)
- Mathematical mindset and strong interpersonal/verbal/written communication skills
- Demonstrated intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel with proficiency in Microsoft Suite and basic knowledge of Adobe Acrobat
- Day-to-day drive to keep pace with multifamily and commercial real estate industry trends, forecasts, etc. by reading, amassing knowledge from interactions and synthesizing information for future applications
- Competitive-by-nature, coachable self-starter willing to work beyond regular business hours to get deals done
- High degree of personal and professional integrity with a commitment to client service
- Dedicated work ethic and ability to achieve success in a goal-oriented, high-performance environment
- Outstanding attention to detail, decision making and problem-solving skills
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing working conditions based on the priorities of senior management
- Ability to balance multiple concurrent projects and plan ahead/anticipate
- Please submit your cover letter and resume to info@GebroeHammer.com.
- Must have 1 or more years’ relevant work experience and/or bachelor's degree (Business, Finance, Real Estate, Marketing, Communications or other relevant fields) and a current NJ Real Estate License to apply.