Mel Gebroe & Morris Hammer
The strongly held personal principles of life and business – integrity, work ethic, expertise – inspired the late Mel Gebroe and Morris Hammer to establish a unique commercial real estate investment brokerage firm in the mid-1970s. Today, these same tenets are being safeguarded and put into modern-day practice by a second, third and fourth generation of Gebroe-Hammer Associates professionals who continue to set new firm and industry benchmarks for sales volume, dollars and number of units sold.
- Gebroe-Hammer tops its record-breaking 2015 transaction benchmarks, recording a blockbuster $1.83 Billion in sales involving over 12,100 units throughout New Jersey; eastern Pennsylvania, including Philadelphia; and New York State
- Despite the “Great Recession,” the firm gains a stronger foothold as multi-family investments drive the commercial real estate recovery with a mix of traditionally structured deals and distressed debt, foreclosure and/or bankruptcy situations
- With a fortified presence throughout New Jersey and New York State, Gebroe-Hammer builds exponentially upon its entry into the Philadelphia MSA during the late 1990s and emerges as “the firm of choice” in this thriving submarket
- Gebroe-Hammer emerges as the dominant multi-family-investment brokerage firm specializing in suburban and urban high-rise, mid-rise and garden-apartment properties – its “bread and butter” – while also marketing mixed-use and free-standing office and retail properties
- Two young brokers – Ken Uranowitz, the current President, and the late Robert Ploshnick – who joined the firm at its inception are groomed as the next generation of management, eventually becoming Managing Directors
- The firm is founded by late industry icons Mel Gebroe and Morris Hammer with a specialized focus on New Jersey apartment building sales